Tuesday, February 19, 2008

To blog or not to blog...

I wrote my first blog on MySpace in 2006. It was a short rambling of whether or not I should blog. A friend told me she had started blogging, but the thought of reading someone’s diary online just didn’t sound appealing from either viewpoint. Eighteen months later, I’ve decided that I’ll give the whole blog thing a shot. Every once in a while I have something halfway interesting to say. I’m enjoying the recent ability to keep up with peoples’ goings-on at my leisure, and being able to read what I’d like to and skip what I’d like to. I expect you to do the same.



I have to be honest I've rarely read a blog in its entirety. I have the attention span of a goldfish – two laps around the bowl and it’s a whole new day! I get email from people and I can't even get through their entire email (they may or may not be lengthy – I just swim faster some days than others). I can't even read through emails I've written most of the time. I've written emails to people and then changed a few things around and sent it to another person to make them think I've written it just to them... blogging is kind of the same thing, isn't it? Except that I can’t change it to make you think I sent it just to you. But I have, because you’re reading it. ;-)



What I do in my daily life is of little interest to most people, as I perceive myself as having “no life.” That’s not to say I’m unfulfilled... I’m just boring. ;-) No one wants to read about a life that consists of getting up, going to work, going home, going to bed, with a meal or two thrown in and a work anecdote that I really shouldn’t share. But, you know what? If you really have nothing better to do than read my ramblings, maybe I shouldn’t deny you the privilege. But don’t expect me to post every day. You wouldn’t want that – TRUST me!

Another view about sharing my life (or lack thereof, reference above), is that it’s not as if I have nothing to say and that nothing is ever "new." If that were the case, I'd never email or message my friends. Truth be known, I have plenty to say. Those who know me well know that! The trouble is, most of the “interesting” things in my life are not about me, but about those who grace my life. Most of the time, the things I would write are not things that I would want them to necessarily know I think about the way they grace my life. Certainly I would change the names to protect the innocent (or guilty, as the case may be), but they still could know what I actually thought. I'm not sure I'm ready for that. And, there’s always the Thumper school of philosophy: “If you can’t say something nice....” Particularly in writing on a public forum. There are so many things I WANT to say and CAN’T! LOL!


So, for now, you’ll hear about wedding pictures and making my craft room workable after buying a house last year, and probably some silly stuff about my husband, cat, or mother. Occasionally I’ll talk about something I found interesting (like watching a show about supernovae History or Discovery Channel recently and hearing the phrase, “cosmic conundrum.” Now THERE is a beautiful piece of writing right there!). But until then I’m hoping to use this forum to be accountable to “the world” (whomever that may be) to get some craft projects done to share the way my friend Grace has done. Oh, and you HAVE to read Grace’s entry about her dog getting sprayed by a skunk! Let her misery be your entertainment! Not only was I entertained by her description, I became once again thankful that I have an indoor cat! Phew!


Well, off I go to contemplate my next blog... the suspense is killing you, isn’t it? ;-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOOO HOOOO welcome to blogspot :D I am glad you're here altho not sure about my misery being 'entertaining' LOLOL .. just kidding .. i did write it to share .. when you want to share a blog entry, do a hyperlink so someone can visit that entry directly .. I can show you how

great job kristin!!

Glitter Graphics