Wednesday, June 18, 2008

By Popular Demand...

Okay, I don’t know if you can call it popular demand, but TWO of you are bugging me to post… so here I am!!! With PICTURES! :-) I would tell you you’re taking me away from the very important task of bidding on Mario Kart, but as I’m composing this, my internet has decided to take a nap, so I guess I can afford the time. ;-) I’ve discovered eBay’s Bid Assistant… so now I can lose auctions 10 times faster! LOL! My problem is I don’t want to pay more for it on eBay than I would in a store if I happened to catch it there. So, I’ve lost a lot of auctions. ;-) I’ve checked a couple local places and I’m going to call and bug them, too. Okay, so on to the good stuff.


Do the Do

Before and after pictures of my haircut! I left some of the mirror in the after pictures so you can see the back. I don’t usually style it like this (it’s curly, so it’s different every day) and I haven’t gotten a picture of a perfect hair day. I’m enjoying not eating my hair along with my lunch and not pinning my head when I lean back in a chair. I kind of miss being able to d more than one style, but I wasn’t doing much but a ponytail with the longer hair, anyway.


Jewelry Making

Here are pictures of bracelets and a necklace I made in classes. There’s some stringing, chain maille, and silk cord knotting (the most recent class).


Here’s a necklace and earrings set I did. I’m still not sure I’m 100% happy with the pendant on the necklace… the god news is, I can modify it if I want to! I made a bracelet to match but I wasn’t too impressed with it, so I’m waiting to see what plan solidifies on that one. The first thing I made with these beads was a badge lanyard which I wear to work pretty much every day. I’ve decided I need one with silver, though, so I bought beads for that last weekend, so well see how long it takes me to get that cooked up.

And the set that I almost didn’t finish because it frustrated me so (I had no guidance on multi-strand necklaces when I made this, so there was some trial and error). I also threw in a picture from Bill’s niece’s wedding reception that shows the necklace and my new do (not my best hair day, unfortunately).





Baby Pictures

June 5, a little 4 pound 13 ounce treasure came into the world. My brother Tom and SIL Meg now have a sweet little Sadie Mae. She was about 7 weeks early, but came home from the hospital on June 14. Thanks to all who were praying for Tom and Meg and Sadie and the family. Below are pictures of the newborn girl and her first day home (alone, with 2 of her 3 sisters, and with Meg).



My Mom is working diligently on the baby quilt we’re collaborating on for Sadie… we’re hoping to get it pretty well finished at open sew day on Saturday. I’ll have to remember to take my camera in case we actually get it done.

I think that’s all the news for now. Hopefully this will keep you occupied for a day or two so I can go back to my Wii. ;-)


Blessings!
Kristin

1 comment:

Jana said...

Can ya hear the ROAR of the crowd?! Standing ovation! I LOVE your hair! You look sassy! It's beautiful!! Thank-you so much for pictures!! Love your jewlery too! GREAT work! Cute pics of the new lil one! PRAISE GOD all is well! HUGZ and LOTS of Luv!

Glitter Graphics