Monday, October 26, 2009

A jewelry kind of weekend...

Hi, all!!

This past weekend I was either eating, sleeping, or doing jewelry stuff - buying supplies, taking pictures, creating new items... Okay, it wasn't quite THAT intense. We did go to church and I did have some time away from the worktable, but I did accomplish a lot, too. I had no idea that I would have such a hard time taking pictures. One or more of my medications makes my hands shake (or maybe it's just me - it's more fun to blame the meds), so I have the hardest time getting clear pictures. Using a tripod is even a challenge because most of my photos are close-ups and it's hard to get a close-up shot from overhead with a tripod. I have some pictures I have to take over even though I spent the better part of an hour yesterday photographing. By the time I dragged out the tripod, I was just not in a way to do a whole lot of manipulation. Since then, I've been thinking of other ways I might take the pictures I want and utilize the tripod, so we'll see. I've included one of my favorite shots - it's SO clear! These earpins are made with tiger eye beads, and this picture brings out the beauty of the stones (though I'm not thrilled with the background, but that's the best I have for now. That's one area that I could use a little more creativity - and props.






Other than that, I haven't been doing much with my Etsy shop for the time being because I applied for my business license (heaven help me in making a profit three years out of five) and I'm waiting for that to arrive before I go out beating the bushes for more sales... ah, the feeling of legitimacy. (Update - it arrived on Thursday!) I thought I could do this as a hobby, but I didn't want to get into trouble and the license wasn't that much to apply for, so I wait patiently for November 1 when I can start listing things in my store again and know (hope) that I'm not going to get in trouble. If any of you want to keep track of my Etsy shop activities, do a search for Ladybug's Beads and Baubles on Facebook and join my fan page! I've been revamping that, too, to add some bells and whistles, thanks to some great Etsy forum posters. I did manage to make a sale while I haven't been doing any listing or promoting - my first sale to a stranger! My previous sales have been to my friends. Those earpins went in the mail on Friday.

On more personal happenings, things have been busy but good. Bill found he's got enough vacation time for us to spend a week in Minnesota with his family at Christmas, so we're excited about that. Flights are booked - now I just have to book the pet-sitter. I hope she still remembers us. :-)

Work has been going well for both of us... Bill's been really busy and has been working weekends now and then to meet deadlines. My work has been at a slower pace (no OT for me!) but steady. I'm going to be taking on another project here in the next couple of weeks - I'm not sure what all that will entail, but it sounds interesting.

I've been going to the gym (still) three times a week with one exception (I was sick) where I only went two days. Bad Kristin! LOL! I've lost 44 pounds, give or take, and am kind of stuck right now (or losing slower than I want to). I think I need to change my eating pattern a little to jump start my body to losing again, but to be honest, I don't want to. ;-) I'm not ready to do that yet, so I guess I'll be "stuck" a little longer and then decide I'm ready to eat like a rabbit to get my body losing again. The last 14 pounds has made the first 30 pounds seem easy. Bottom line - I've just gotten lazy. Good thing I'm still working out. As much as it's not my favorite thing to do, I know it's working and so I keep on going and hoping for a pound of fat to fall off now and then.

In other personal news, I'm going to be going to a Women's Retreat in November with one of my favorite Christian musicians, Carolyn Arends. I could have just attended the free concert that night, but it's been ages since I've done a retreat and I really need a spiritual jump-start. Maybe this will help. Bill and I are also talking about church shopping again. He likes his church, but it doesn't have what I need (as much as I like the pastor there). So I found a few churches that we may have a look at, or we may just keep going to Bill's church like we've been doing and avoiding the topic altogether. ;-) Church shopping is never fun, but when you have two peoples' needs and wants to take into consideration, it's even more difficult. Neither Bill nor I have church shopped as a couple before, so this will definitely be interesting. Prayers appreciated if we come to mind.

I think that's all the news I have for now... Thanks for reading. :-)

Blessings,
Kristin

No comments:

Glitter Graphics