Monday, June 29, 2009

Little bit of news

Hi, all!

Not too much new here, but I thought I'd pop in and say hi. :-)

June 23rd was the home opener for the Everett Aquasox, and we were there for the extra inning, the win, and the fireworks. Kind of late on a work night, but I would have been sleepy anyway the way I've felt lately. Then Saturday night we were back at the ball park witnessing another win (but in a regulation game and no fireworks).

Sunday I got together with a couple of friends and got four pages scrapbooked. I now have my pages done for our wedding rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. I should probably write some names on the pages for when I get senile and forget who my friends and family are in the pictures, though.

As I alluded to above, I've been really tired lately. I think I've been sleeping okay (I haven't been waking up and staying up or anything) and it seems no matter what time I get to bed, I'm still tired in the morning (and for most of the day). I hate to go back on the Diet Coke, but tea just isn't doing it (and it's been too hot at my desk for tea, especially today). Plus I have a bribe with myself that I'll drink two bottles of water before I have tea so I make an attempt at getting all my water in during the day that I'm supposed to, and that makes the morning pretty long because I'm just not in the mood to drink water today, thank you. There. I just drank 4 ounces of water. :-p Usually I'm okay drinking water - I'm just having a rebellion today for some reason. I don't want water, thank you! :-p Okay, I could have green tea, but then we have the hot liquid issue again. I guess I'll have a Diet Coke with lunch and see if that wakes me up. *sigh* I was doing so well, but now I've fallen back off the wagon this past week because of the sleepies.

I've still been working out my three times a week at Curves. My Wii Fit arrived last week (but I was busy every night) so maybe I'll have some time over the long weekend to unpack it and try it out. I hear from reviews that it's going to tell me I'm overweight. Hopefully it won't say "obese." ;-) I've heard mixed reviews and I got it for free using an "atta-girl" award I got from work (or a combination of awards, actually), so if I don't use it much, it's not like I spent a mint on it. But I think I'll use it. I hope. If I think it's going to work out well, there's a sports game out there that uses the balance board that comes with the Wii Fit that's gotten good reviews. But I want to wait and see how much I use this first. I think it'll be great for weekends or for in between workout days (assuming I don't have plans between workout days, which is pretty rare).

On the weight loss front, I've been flirting with 200 pounds now. I was 203 at last weigh-in, and I've lost a couple pounds in the last two weeks. I've had some bad eating days, though, so I don't know how much progress I would have made otherwise. Either way, I'm still hoping to be under 200 by my next weigh-in in a couple of weeks.

Tomorrow night I have one of those rare evenings where I get to go straight home and change into comfy clothes - I have nothing on the calendar. I love those evenings! They don't happen nearly enough. After that I have something going on every day and/or night until July 9. I don't know what I'll do with myself tomorrow night - I haven't felt much like sewing lately, so I don't know if that will work into the mix or not. I think a nap will probably be in order if I feel tomorrow anything like I feel today.

Well, that's the scoop! Have a great week, all!

Blessings,
Kristin

No comments:

Glitter Graphics