Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Measure Twice, Cuss Once

Okay, it wasn't really the measuring that was the problem... it was the math. Or something. Either way, I'm short on my main border fabric and there's no where on the planet that has more. Sooooooo..... I spent last night thinking up creative solutions. Do I make squares in the corners? If so, solid or pieced? I didn't really like how either one was playing out in my head. Make the border half as wide? Not unless I REALLY have to. I decided that I'm going to try making a "pillow row" up near the top and have no border (or a very narrow pieced one with my leftovers). The vagabond row will be where the pillows are and no one is really going to look at the top border to notice that it's not as wide as the others. And I'm not going to be hanging it or showing it, and the next picture you see of it, it will be on a bed and not on the floor, so you won't know either (except that I just told you). I looked and I have enough blocks and setting triangles left over... I'm not sure that the row will sit right in the middle of the pillows when the quilt covers it, but we're giving it a try and see what happens. It's better than a 4" border all the way around - I know I won't be happy with that. I'll have to piece the binding, and that's going to be an adventure since I can't make a diagonal seam work. I have another project to bind and I haven't wanted to mess with the piecing since I failed so miserably at retreat, so I'm procrastinating. Any excuse to procrastinate.

Speaking of retreat, Mom and I are going to a quilt retreat in September. She doesn't quilt, but she does sew, so I don't think anyone will throw her out or anything. She's really looking forward to it, and so am I. We'll see how much she likes it once she lays down on the twin bed (she has a king size at home). But it's only two nights - she'll make it just fine, I'm sure.

I went for my weight and measure yesterday, and I've lost 17 pounds in 11 weeks. My BMI and body fat % were improved, too, so that's good news. Now I just have to keep doing what I'm doing and I'll be thin in no time. HA! More like a couple years. I'm trying to be patient. Another 2-3 months and I will hopefully be under 200 pounds. Still a ways to go before I hit my ideal weight (whatever my body decides that is), but I'm making progress. At least that's what I keep telling myself so I don't get impatient or gorge on chocolate.

So I guess that's all the news for now. Thanks for stopping by! :-)

Blessings,
Kristin

No comments:

Glitter Graphics