Friday, May 15, 2009

ROAD TRIP!!

Hi, all!!

Just had to tell you that we're going on a road trip tomorrow. I'm so excited! We're headed to Portland, Oregon (about 2-1/2 hours drive) to Fabric Depot! I think that will help get me my fabric shopping fix! I have my list all ready and a fabric I'm trying to find coordinates for, and I'm even buying batting for a friend. Mom will probably bring the haul up next weekend in her car because we're driving the Miata to their house... gorgeous weekend = top down, baby! Can only fit so much into the Miata trunk, you know. ;-) Mom offered to drive her car to Portland, so that was a nice bonus (her car gets better mileage than my sedan anyway and has fewer miles).

Sunday I will get my tickets in hand for the minor league baseball season here... I have a 10-game package for our short-season Mariners affiliate. SWEET seats, too. I've had them for several years. I'm in row two - row one is the home dugout. Good times! I can't wait for the season to start. There's nothing like live baseball, and it's even better when you can actually SEE what's going on because you're so close (without paying $500 per game). I want to buy tickets for the home opener, too, but I have to wait another couple weeks before they go on sale.

Last night I got the bottom border on the rose quilt, and most of the top pillow row. I want to have another strip of pink up there to connect with the other borders, but I can't do that until I sew on the sides to find out how much I have left over to piece up. The pillow row didn't turn out as well as I had hoped, but I don't see myself tearing it out. I don't have any better ideas, so there you go. It is what it is, and it's staying that way. Unless I get a weekend epiphany or something. ;-) Goodness knows I've torn apart half the blocks in that quilt... if I get a really good idea, I'm not above tearing out some more. But so far, no grand ideas. The only other idea I've had is incorporating another row, but that would involve tearing the whole thing apart, and that's where I draw the line! :-p I'll rip out the pillow row, but I'm not invading the quilt itself. The inner border is on, it's DONE!

Well, that's all the news for now. Just wanted to share about the road trip because I'm really excited. (Did I mention that I was excited?) I was looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow since it's been a while since I haven't had to set the alarm for anything, but the itch I had to buy fabric for a couple projects has outweighed the need for a down day. Maybe May 30th will be our down day. And hey, I don't think we'll be getting up at 5am, so that's a bonus, right? ;-)

Blessings!
Kristin

No comments:

Glitter Graphics