Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Prayers requested - for me this time (can you believe it?)

Hi, all...

Prayers requested / appreciated. Bill got laid off today. They had an all-team meeting yesterday and said that they were cutting a lot of people, and Bill was one of them. He was in the only division making money for the company, and someone else who has been in that group 5 years also got cut. Bill sent me a text a few hours ago that said, "It feels like the last day of school here, everyone cleaning out their desks." Looks like the cuts were pretty deep. Hopefully Bill won't have too much competition out there.

It wasn't a total shock for us (he's been there for about 2-1/2 years, I think), but we're still reeling a bit. Obviously it's a big disappointment and we were hoping and praying it would turn out otherwise. I've not been myself lately, either, so I don't know how this "life change" is going to affect me / us. Of course there are many areas in which we need prayer (some that I'm sure we're not yet even aware of).

On the other side of the coin, we've been enjoying a lot of blessings, and this is one of the very few 'challenges' we've experienced. We can surely be thankful for that, but it doesn't pay the bills, as they say. ;-)

Also, Bill's parents are visiting from Minneapolis (they're with Bill's aunt this week, and then we get them back for 5 days starting Friday), so that's an interesting happenstance.


More news as it becomes available...

Blessings,

Kristin

No comments:

Glitter Graphics