Monday, March 16, 2009

Did I tell you I got a new laptop? ;-)

Hi, all!

I have a couple things to share, so hopefully it’s worth the post. ;-)


I FINALLY used my USB turntable and software to copy a couple records onto my iTunes Saturday, so that was cool. While I was babysitting that, I decided it would be a good thing to go ahead and unsew some of my blocks so I can get my rose quilt a little further along. So while I was ripping the records onto my computer (I have to stay close because I have to tell it where the track breaks are), I was ripping some stitches. I then realized I got some other blocks in the wrong places, so I have more work to do than I thought.


I got parts of two rows taken apart (only what I needed to) and I have to take two rows off sections I've already sewn together to get two more blocks out. Then I have to take those blocks apart (okay, 4 out of 6, I think) to get the coordinate colors right for their new locations, and then I can go back to the business of assembly. Before all that, though, I have a block I have to make for a group love quilt we're making for someone in one of my online groups. I finally got the fabric washed this weekend, so I have one less excuse to procrastinate. Oh, and I picked out the block pattern, too, do there are two fewer reasons. The only excuse now is time to do it, and I don't have anything going on Tuesday or Thursday nights this week, so there you go. All I have to do is take my new laptop downstairs with me so I don't feel like I'm going into withdrawals.


My stepfather asked me yesterday if I have everything loaded on my laptop that I want. HA! I do have a few games loaded on it, though, so that's a start. One of these days I'm going to go through a lot of my games and software CDs and just load and load and load. I’m looking forward to being able to use some of the programs that I couldn’t use on my old laptop. I need to take a class on Photoshop, though, I think... I can't figure out anything on that, and I'm not even trying to do advanced things! It'll be easier on a faster machine, but if I don't know where I'm going, it doesn't matter how quickly I can get there.


Sunday I got together with my little scrapbooking group and made 4 pages of engagement pictures. I want to do a couple more pages of those, so I’ll have to find some time to do that. Next month I’ll be scrapping Bill’s niece’s wedding pictures, thanks to Bill’s family to the rescue for sending me some pictures and a CD so I have some pictures since my 400+ pictures didn’t turn out. Ugh. Anyway, this monthly scrapbooking should hopefully get me in practice to do our wedding pictures. I started wading through to figure out which ones I want prints of - talk about tough choices! I’m dumping the ones I like into a separate folder and then I’ll go through those and weed out if I need to. I’m just not sure how many pictures I want to / should scrap. I also don’t know if I’m going to want to have the same layout for all the pictures or if I want to vary it. Oh, the decisions and the drama! LOL! I really do need to scrapbook more, though... along with all of my other hobbies. ;-)


I’ve done 12 workouts now (13th today) and I get weighed and measured this week, so we’ll see if there’s any good news from that. I weighed myself on a day a couple weeks ago that I felt particularly thin ;-) and I had lost a few pounds, but I’m almost feeling like I’m gaining it back. I haven’t been eating any extra, but I just feel fatter. :-p


Our beautiful sunshine of late last week has turned to rain, to snow, and back to rain again. Let’s hope that this sixth week after Groundhog Day means that the snow is GONE! I hear it was warmer in Minnesota last week than it was in Seattle. Just not fair. :-p


I guess that’s it for now! Hope all is well in your worlds!


Blessings,

Kristin

No comments:

Glitter Graphics