Thursday, November 13, 2008

Today's update and prayer request

Hi, all!!

Just wanted to share the news that I found 2 52x70 tablecloths to put on my wall! YAY! On has grapes and one has Santa, but I don’t think it’s going to matter from the back. ;-) and for $7.50 for the two of them! Rock on! Now I just have to stitch them together so they’re 104x70 (a sideways wall - how about that?) and get the nails out of the wall holding up the old one [pieces] and tack up the new one. Hey, speaking of tacks... I wonder if pushpins would be easier than nails? Hmmmm..... certainly easier to pull out when I have to vacate or relocate the wall.

In the meantime when I’m now sewing, I’m picking apart blocks so I can have my picky way with the fabrics that go into the blocks (and incorporate some other fabrics from the line). I’ve come to the conclusion that I am going to have quite a bit leftover (unless I want to make a colossal quilt - and I don’t) so I may make a lap quilt in the same fabric line with what I have left over. Maybe a rail fence since most of what I have are 2x4 pieces (finished) in what I have left over. But that’s after I make pillows and things, of course (maybe even out of rail fence to make life easier on myself). Gotta have those decorative pillows, you know. And maybe I can use some in trim on pillowcases that coordinate (I might have some of the border fabric left over to do that). Such grand plans, such little motivation. But, I have other tasks at hand, so I need to stop rambling about how gorgeous all this is going to be and have it be a disappointment to, me and to whomever is picky enough to say “yuck.” ;-)

I know I say this every day, but I hope I can get some sewing done tonight. I’m only making a couple small stops tonight after work (which I really could do tomorrow, but I’d rather get them out of the way) and since Bill’s not going to be home about 6:30 (based on yesterday since he was on normal hours), I should have sometime to “play” before he gets home.

Weather conditions in Renton, Washington: If you don’t like the weather, wait five minutes. Rain, clouds, sun, rain... should make for an interesting commute tonight. I’m so glad I’m in a vanpool.

Last but not least... please pray for my friend Karen. She’s undergoing back surgery tomorrow to straighten her spine. She’ll be in surgery for eight hours (ugh). Also pray for her finances. She is a missionary and though she has funds for out-of-pocket expenses, she expects that all of that will get spent. I know she would covet your prayers for her surgery, recovery, and finances. Thanks!!!

I hope to report next time that the compass blocks are done and I’m sewing my wall together. :-)

Blessings!!
Kristin

No comments:

Glitter Graphics